You are here

Dompok: Armed intrusion wake-up call for authorities
March 07,2013

Penampang: The Lahad Datu armed intrusion serves as a wake-up call for the authorities to take more seriously the security issue in Sabah.

Speaking to reporters after officiating at the Penampang Traditional Craft, Food and Beverage Festival 2013 in Donggongon yesterday, Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities, Tan Sri Bernard Dompok said that the capability of the country’s security forces should not be doubted because they were capable.

“We know that they are competent, capable and well equipped. It’s time we take measures so that the incident would not happen again”, said Dompok, who is also the Penampang Member of Parliament.

He added that if the intruders had been stopped from encroaching in the first place, the bloody incident would not have happened.

Dompok also said the lack of serious action by the authorities in response to the previous incidents might be the motivation for the group to breach the law of this country.

“Now we have to pay a heavy price as two of our brave heroes lost their lives,” he said.

Source: 
New Sabah Times